Wednesday, March 26, 2014

So many yarns, so little time.

I have been knitting.  Some might call it obsessively.  but the wools are so gorgeous.  How can I stop? I want to see the next combination!    What has me enthralled?    The Edwardian Cardigan.   My version thus far:
I have completed the second tier of blocks.  I am using three colors of Misti Alpaca, two skeins of Cascade Heritage, and one each of Estelle Sock It To Me, Marks & Katten Fame Trends and our own Never Enough Wool.    This project had been in the offing since before Christmas, but I hadn't been totally happy with my original colour choices.   Having swapped out three of the original colours for what you see above, I am totally in love.   Aside from being fiddley, this is a straight forward entrelac knit.  It's the three colours in each section that make it so interesting. 

What else have I been doing?   The Elsebeth Lavold Ylva is completed and drying after it's bath.  I used four skeins of Silky Wool and a 4.0m needle.  Can't wait for some warmer weather!    

As an aside, can you believe this weather?  I don't know about you, but I am over winter.   Give me some sunshine, fresh air and warm breezes.  Please.

I am working on a pair of mystery projects, destined for the 2015 N.E.W. Calendar.   Here is a peek at the second project:
I'm such a tease, aren't I?

Finally, the Building Blocks afghan.   I have completed six squares, with the seventh class and square scheduled for the second Sunday in April. 
I am pleased that my class is enjoying the project and are mostly right with me.   It is such pleasure to teach, especially with willing and happy students.  The afghans are going to be marvellous.

Not much else happening in my life right now.  Just waiting for the ice to go out from the lake, for biking season, scheduling my next visit with family in Michigan and down south, and knitting.  











No comments: