Monday, December 02, 2013

Planes, trains and automobiles

When last we talked, I was looking forward to a visit with my new grandson.  Yes,that was way back in September.   One plane ride (uneventful) and my eldest met me at the far end airport.  the timing was absolutely perfect.   next we traveled via the metro (the train part of our ride) to his automobile, within which we traveled to his home.

I got to snuggle wee Panda, and kiss his little head, and fingers, and toes, and generally anything that came close.  I had a delightful visit with the kids.    I was very sad to come home.  He is a beautiful little boy, and his parents are enjoying him immensely.

Upon my return, I was busy with the store and life in general.   I still can't believe that it's December already.   I don't have nearly enough holiday knitting completed!     

The store was asked to teach a class at the Scugog library again.  This is a fund raiser for the library, and we were happy to oblige.   The ladies are so enjoyable, and the setting is really quite nice.   While at the class one day, I solved a mystery:  How does this happen?
One of our regular customers had done this, and both Barb and I were perplexed as to how it happens.  Now I know!   When casting on, using a knitted on technique, be sure to put your stitch marker in behind you, not in front.   I created my usual möbius twist, so I didn't have to break the stitch marker out.  Whew!  Now I know why I love my Clover markers so much!

There has been lots of knitting in the past two months ... I'll track down my projects and pictures for you.  Soon.  I also promise not to be gone for so long next time. 

1 comment:

Christy J said...

Your grandson is indeed beautiful - I love the full head of hair! What a joy!

I got down to Lindsay last weekend but it was Mon. when I drove through to Oshawa, and I knew the shop would be closed. I probably won't get back down until April because I'm baby sitting my little granddaughter for a few months.

Happy Holidays to you and your family. I hope to get back to blogging more frequently in the new year too.