Monday, February 27, 2006

Catching up with friends

This past weekend, we were fortunate to be able to visit some friends from years past. Joe Grant, (formerly of Tanglefoot and currently with Gopher Baroque), invited us to visit him and his wife at their log cabin outside of Ottawa. We had spent a fair bit of time chatting with Joe, but his wife, Catherine, didn't come to all the concerts. This weekend we discovered that Catherine is my kind of people --

Brandi, on the left, is working on a surprise. That's why you don't get to see her project. Catherine is working on a sweater for her grand-daughter. Me? That's a blanket for the Durham Pregnancy Centre. (Catherine and Joe promise me that grandchildren are the reward for not killing your teens. I'm enjoying my teens, so I don't think I'll have to worry about that.

We spent the weekend knitting, chatting, comparing renovation projects, cross-country skiing, drinking wine, sampling Doug's buttertarts, the girls' chocolate cake, and relaxing. 'Twas a wonderful weekend.

The worst part? Well, Sporty couldn't come home with us. The girls were heartbroken. Sporty doesn't look all that happy to see them leaving either.

No comments: