Monday, August 15, 2005

Summer Knitting

Summer demands cool cotton tops. And since the requisite yarn just happened to jump off the shelf and into my eagerly waiting arms ... well, this is what I get --Posted by Picasa


The yarn is Scheepjes soft fun, colour 2325. The pattern was gifted to me by my darling daughter at Christmas -- the Pattern-a-Day knitting calendar. This particular pattern was the Too-Cool! Halter Top for June 15. Of course, I didn't use the yarn specified in the pattern ... But I can tell you that this top (size large) consumed 3 balls of yarn.

What will I do with the remaining yarn? One never knows. When will I wear the top? I keep forgetting that I'm not 18 any more, and that I do not have that 18-year-old body. But here on the Point, where almost anything goes, I'll fit right in.

In other news -- renovations continue apace on the first floor bedroom. It will become the bedroom of the afore-mentioned darling daughter, complete with her plans for a funky paint job, strange ceiling treatments and interesting furniture arrangements. I assisted (really I did!) with building out the windows and in the process learned to operate the electric drill, screw gun and air gun. All 20 fingers (10 for me and 10 for my dear husband) survived without injury. And the room is looking great! Pictures will follow.

No comments: